I am available to speak on the following topics at your church or organization. If you are not the one to make that kind of invitation then pleae pass this along to someone in your church or organization who might be interested. Just click on the topic for some details. Contact me
· “I am blind but now I see” – short practical and entertaining talk on my loss of sight
· Family Values and Gay Marriage explores the relationship between traditional marriage and same sex couples
· Faith, Spirituality, and Religion What’s the difference?
This talk will be given at Blessed
Sacrament Church in
Call Blessed Sacrament at 989-835-6777 to register.
· Journey to the Cross…and New Life – reflections for Lent
· Blessings in Darkness – most fitting for Advent
· Marriage, Divorce and Annulment (Catholic)
· Introduction to Sacraments (Catholic)
Currently I have scheduled a retreat on Awareness: the Key to Spiritual Growth
Wednesday-Friday September 9-11 at
Format: Can be 1-2 hours, day or evening, short version in evening and longer during the day, several hours, or even a series.
Fee: Negotiable; starting at $75 plus mileage reimbursement
and lodging if out of
Presenter: Norbert Bufka
Details of talks:
Voting with Integrity
This is based on the book Moral Values and Sound Bites::A Guide to Responsible Voting Today and
If you want peace, work for justice
This presentation is based on the book A Journey to Peace through Justice by
Bufka Farm Tour
The farm where the speaker was born and raised is part of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and has historic local, if not national, significance. This PowerPoint presentation shows the buildings and layout of the farm with appropriate commentary. I would be happy to work with any individuals or groups who wish to arrange an actual tour of the Bufka farm in beautiful Leelanau County Michigan. The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore has more information about the farm at http://www.nps.gov/slbe/planyourvisit/bufkafarm.htm
Family values and Gay Marriage
Faith, Spirituality and Religion
History of the Christian Church from Catholic point of view
The Search for Meaning
This incorporates the following and is best delivered as a series over several days or evenings or as a retreat.
Marriage, Divorce and Annulment
Blessings in Darkness
This is more than a talk. It is a reflection on light and darkness in the Scriptures and in life. To be effective I recommend four hours total but it could be shortened in some ways. I include personal stories as they relate to the theme especially my loss of vision.
Journey to the Cross
This is a reflection on Jesus’ life, how it led to the Cross, and the meaning for us. It has five themes:
Seven Keys to Spiritual Growth
1. Live in the here and Now!
2. Seek first love and compassion.
3. Take time for yourself.
4. Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of your life.
5. Let go of the past.
6. Be accountable to someone.
7. Make spiritual growth a part of your life.
“I am blind, but now I see”
Good talk for groups needing a speaker at lunch or dinner
15-30 minutes, public service
a. how I lost my vision
b. tips on treating people who are blind
c. resources available